Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Style Muse of the Month | November 2015

Kayla Kong


Long time no see! I would love to say that I have been absent from taking the longest vacation ever on a tropical island, but I would be lying. I have been approaching the final stretch of completing my Master's degree. Yay me! While attending NYU I have had the pleasure of meeting so many lovely friends with so much style and grace. In the midst of pulling all-nighters and making coffee runs like it's our day job; me and my colleague Kayla found some time to sit and chat about her style. It feels great to be back in the blogging zone, so enjoy this interview and stay tuned for new and exciting things from me! 

Love always, xxTashjmackk 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What’s your name, age and where are you from?

-My name Kayla. I’m 23 and I’m from China.

How long have you been here in the US?

-. I’ve been in US for 3 years. I was Indianapolis for the first two years and then I came to NYC

How would you describe your personal style?

-I think I’m casual. I like wearing comfortable outfits and I’m perusing “effortlessly chic” lol.

Who are some of your favorite fashion icons? 

- @ashleyniyang, @evachen212, @thehautepersuit on Instagram

What is your favorite item of all time in your closet?

-Denim Jackets!

What is your go-to outfit?

-Leather jacket and jeans

How is fashion different in the U.S than in China? Or how is it the same?

-In China, most girls want to look cute and youngish so they prefer to wear stuff like skirts with tights. Also because Chinese culture tends to be more conservative, Chinese girls don’t usually wear sexy outfits like tight dresses that will show your curves. Here in America, girls are more confident about their curves so they usually choose outfits that would make them look more independent and mature.

 What trends do you plan on loving this winter?

-Oversized turtleneck sweaters, big scarf, ankle boots

What trend do you want to see go away for good and never come back?

-[laughing] V-collar t-shirts

Is fashion something you want to pursue as a career or is it more like a hobby that you’ll always love?

-It’s more like a hobby but I don’t mind working in the fashion industry in the future

What is your latest clothing purchase?

-A pink sweater from Aritzia

 What is your most expensive clothing purchase?
-I don’t really remember the exactly item I bought but i'm pretty sure it was a winter coat

Where can we keep up with you? 

-My Instagram is @youyuanhitout


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog