Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Style Muse of the Month | February 2015

Kelyn B. Greene

This month's Style Muse is a fun, unique, fashionable college student who uses the college campus as her own runway. We got the chance to sit down and talk to Kelyn about all things fashion! 


Introduce yourself. My name is Kelyn B. Greene, I'm 21 years old, and I am an engineering student from Baltimore, MD.

How would you best describe your style? Innovative, because to innovate is to “make changes in something established, by introducing new methods, or ideas”. I follow trends but I add my own twist to them, creating a style that isn’t extremely out of the ordinary but still makes a statement.

Who is your biggest style crush at the moment? I LOVE Rihanna. Her style is so effortless.

Where do you get your style inspiration from? I had an internship with the Stylist and Owner of Katwalk Boutique, Toni James. She constantly talked down on stores like Forever 21 which was my favorite store at the time,  and is also a popular store in my generation. She always mentioned how everyone dresses the same. Working and styling with her is when my style really started to evolve. I then went through a period in my life where I invested a lot of time into fashion websites such as Lookbook.nu and Tumblr . Those sites are where I saw a lot of great styles that inspired me. Soon, it just became effortless to piece together a great outfit.

Being in the engineering career industry, how do you balance your style in the professional work office? Any fashionista should know what outfits are appropriate for certain events and environments. When it comes to an interview I am as basic as it comes. Black suit, white button up, black business heels. Companies do not care how well you dress but they care about what you can deliver. On the other hand...once i get the job, the office is my runway. I keep it conservative yet fun which is always exciting. Instead of plain black slacks, I would wear my favorite bright orange high waisted, wide legs.

What is one closet staple that you simply cannot live without? My White Mongolian lamb fur vest! Its so obnoxious, yet so fresh! It gives any and every outfit a pop and it is definitely a show stopper.

We love your style so much and we're dying to know; do you plan to take your love for fashion to the next level in a few years? In the next few years I want to be a “fashioner”. Full time engineer, part time stylist. I interned with an amazing woman named Keiona Siler, who like myself went to school for engineering and was a fashion lover (her style is out of this world). She works full time with an engineering firm and works part time with Macy’s as a special events stylist. I can see myself following in her footsteps and doing just that.

By Tash J. Mackk


Stay updated with Kelyn on Twitter and Instagram @KelynGee, and Tumblr: KelsMoneyWeed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog